- When you use Install ‘RemindMe’ application on your phone
- When you create a ‘Reminder’ or ‘Todo’
- Interact with application
- When you create a reminder for your personal data
- When you view incoming reminders set to your phone
- When you register as a user
- When you subscribe to or use our services
- When you share or provide feedback to our app or website
- When you contact us
- When you attend a marketing event and provide Personal Data
- When you exchange business cards with us
- When we use the Personal Data of our service providers
- When we use the Personal Data of our customers
1. What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
When you create an account and make use of our services as a registered user (for example, create an appointment), When you browse or visit our website When you contact us (e.g. customer support, help, submit a request) When we process your job application
2. How we protect and store your personal data
Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be exposed as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
Retention of your Personal Data. We will remove your personal information when you request to delete your account but retain the data for 90 days. In addition to the retention mentioned period, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
3. How we share your personal data
We may share your information as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by a court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we will (to the minimum extent required) disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Data in connection with the foregoing events.
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing the Personal Data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality); and
- Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Data is disclosed.
4. Additional information regarding transfers of personal data
Internal transfers: Your Personal Data may be transferred within the RemindMe groups, tech team or marketing team. We implement sufficient measures to ensure that Personal Data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred to;
External transfers: Where we transfer your Personal Data outside of company, for example to third parties mentioned in Section above, we will do so in accordance with the applicable law while we will obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Data. To the extent that you are protected under the GDPR, we bring to your attention that some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU - US Privacy Shield for the protection of Personal Data transferred from within the EU to the United States.
5. Your rights
The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations), shall apply to certain individuals (some of which only apply to individuals protected by the GDPR in certain circumstances):
- You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access is normally be exercised free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law.
- You have the right to request that we amend any Personal Data we hold that it is inaccurate or misleading.
- You have the right to request the erasure of the Personal Data that relates to you after retention period. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data, for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. However, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request.
- The right to data portability. This means that you may have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to elsewhere.
- You have the right to object to profiling.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority.
- The right to withdraw your consent. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- You also have a right to request details of the basis on which your Personal Data is transferred outside the European Economic Area, but you acknowledge that data transfer agreements may need to be partially redacted for reasons of commercial confidentiality.
You exercise rights by contacting us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to action on your request or may inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the Personal Data requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
6. Use of anonymous information
We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our application, website and services and enhance your experience with applicaiton. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Website.
7. Use by children
We do not offer our products or services to be used by children. If you are under 18, you may not use the product, or provide any information to the product without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children.
8. Account deactivation or removal of your personal info?
We make every effort to protect the privacy of our users on websites and applications. We regularly keep watch on any unauthorized, illegal or spam activity of any users. In case, we found that you’re trying to abuse the system or harm any other member or users then we have the right to stop your account and services without any notice or clarification.
9. How can I delete my account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
10. Interaction with third party products or services
11. Log files
We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser or mobile device may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
12. Cookies and other tracking technologies
Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Service and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
13. Use of External Analytics Tools
We use analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect data about the use of the Sites and Service. Analytics tools collect data such as on how often users visit the Sites or Services, what pages they visit when they do so and what website they directly came from to the Sites or Service. We use the data we get from these tools to maintain and improve the Sites and Service and our other products.
14. U.S. Privacy Provisions
California privacy rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Our “California do not track” notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third-party websites and therefore do not respond to DO Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about individuals consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses the Website.
15. How to contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at email@example.com.
If you are an individual subject to the GDPR, you can read more about your rights here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en.